Wednesday 28 May 2008

Keeping things in balance - join me in a smile?

It's been another hectic week so far! I was in Slovakia for a long weekend with some very good friends and we had the most amazing time. It's been a while since I've met people for the first time who have been so welcoming.

Makes me wonder whether we are losing a sense of 'good manners' when we greet strangers? Whenever I am in London I find people desperately avoiding each others' gaze and being suddenly interested in the adverts in the tube!

Is this because we are scared of other people, scared of engaging in conversation, exchanging a smile, or have we created so many stereotypes that we are now suspicious of everyone we meet? For goodness sake, the people we are now married to were once strangers - imagine if we had avoided looking at them?!!!

So, tomorrow, when I get to London, I'm going to smile at everyone and see just how many smile back - want to join me and make the world a little brighter tomorrow?


Check out my coaching workshops next week on 5 June (Rutland) and 7 June (Kenilworth) - coach@lizkentishcoaching.co.uk for more info and to book.

No comments:

Post a Comment